Message Board: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
This page answers many of the most frequently asked questions about our message board. The page is still under construction. If you have a question that isn't answered here,
or post to our
I'm having trouble registering or logging onto the message board. Help!!
Here are some of the most common fixes for this problem:
- Have you been able to see the message board before, but have recently started having trouble? If so, check that you are using the correct password and user name. If you have forgotten your password, there is a link on the login page that you can use to email your password to yourself.
- If you are having trouble registering, be sure you have clicked the box next to "I agree" at the bottom of the registration screen.
- If you're still having trouble, email firstname.lastname@example.org. There are several other things we can try, so don't give up!
I get emailed a link when someone posts a new message,but the links doesn't work. Why?
Occasionally someone posts a message but then decides to remove it. If that happens, your link won't work because there is no longer a message to link to. But if the problem happens to you often, it may mean that you need to log in before reading the message. If so, you'll see a "login" link at the bottom of the error message that you can click on. If this doesn't fix the problem, check out the suggestions in the previous question.
How can I stop being emailed each time someone posts a new thread?
From the message board, click on the "Member Center" button in the upper right. Then click on the link "Board Settings" along the left side. Then check the box labeled "Opt out of Mailing List".
How can I stop being a member of the message board?
From the message board, click on the "Member Center" button in the upper right. Then click on the link "Remove User".
How can I set the board to show the correct time?
Look all the way down at the bottom of the page. You should see the date and time. Is the time way off? If it is, you need to adjust the time zone:
- Click on the Member Center button in the upper right.
- Click on the Time Settings link in the lower left.
- Adjust Time Zone to be Mountain Time
- Click the Daylight Savings Time box, if necessary.
How can I add a signature to my posts?
From the message board, click on the "Member Center" button in the upper right. Then click on the link "Signature" along the left side. Type in the desired signature and click the "Save" button. This signature will automatically appear beneath all of your past and future posts. Often a member's signature includes her first name, the first names of her children, and the children's ages.
How can I change the email address associated with my registration?
From the message board, click on the "Member Center" button in the upper right. Then click on the link "Name and Contact Information" along the left side. Type in the new email address and click the "Save" button.
How can I remove or edit my message or reply?
While viewing the posted message, click the "Delete" or "Modify" button in the upper right corner of the message area. If modifying the post, you need to click the "Post" button after making your changes.
How can I contact someone who posts a message?
In general, you can contact someone who has posted a message in any of these ways:
- Reply to the message. Usually the person who has posted the original message will see your post and respond to it.
- Click the "E-mail" button under the post. This should bring up your default email program with the person's email address as a message recipient.
- Click the "PM" button under the post. This will send the person a private message through the message board. (You can see your own private messages by clicking on the link near the upper right of your screen, which may say "You currently have 1 (1 new) private message.")