Starting on the 14th of August I will be presenting a series of 5 classes on Vertebrates which will follow this format:
|Week 1||Fish||Aug 14|
|Week 2||Amphibians||Aug 28|
|Week 3||Reptiles||Sep 11|
|Week 4||Birds||Sep 25|
|Week 5||Mammals||Oct 9|
I will be presenting from a Montessori perspective using Montessori materials. We will explore the general classification of animals and then zoom in to each group of vertebrates. Younger children will focus on the classifying features and external parts of the animals. Older children may include the internal parts and their respective functions. Both groups will discuss habitats, diet and locomotion. Parents are welcome to stay and join in the classes.
Please RSVP here to reserve a spot in the class.
- ages: 4-14 years
- day and time: every other Friday 10h30 to 12h30
- location: the Singing Arrow community center at 13001 Singing Arrow Ave SE (near to Central and Tramway)
- cost is $6.50/child/hour. Since this is a 5 class session of 2 hours each (over 10 weeks), the cost is $65/child
- sign up: the maximum enrollment is 10 to ensure individual attention to each child.
- payment: payment must be received ($65 per child) no later than August 10th.
Looking forward to seeing you all.
I have a background in teaching that extends more than 20 years and has included students of all ages ranging from toddlers to adults. I have a Master’s degree in psychology with special emphasis on child development and learning development. I received my Montessori training through the National Center for Montessori Education.
In addition to homeschooling my own children in a fully equipped Montessori classroom, over the last 5 years my time has also been filled with the following activities:
- Directing other children ranging in age from 4 to 8 years in my classroom on a weekly basis
- Directing other children ranging in age from 4 to 8 years in my classroom during the summer months.
- Directing Montessori Math classes at local community centers and libraries. The children in these classes range in age from 2 to 13 years.
- Private Montessori Math tutoring with children up to age 13 years.
- Directing Zoology classes at a local library. The children in these classes range in age from 4 to 13 years.
- Assisting in a Junior Elementary Montessori classroom with children from 6 to 12 years old.
- Assisting in an Early Childhood Montessori classroom with children from 3 to 6 years old.
The Montessori philosophy and perspective are central to my approach in the classroom and with the children I teach.