http://www.cabq.gov/cultural-services/events/freedom-fourthFreedom Fourth – Albuquerque
- Wednesday July 4, 2012
Gates open at 3 pm with free admission for all!
Freedom 4th is held at Balloon Fiesta Park, and live entertainment includes country music band Diamond Rio, Rolling Thunder, The Noms, and performers on the Warehouse 508 Youth Stage.
Plus a car show, a balloon glow, jumpers, a climbing wall, free face painting, Mayor Berry’s Very Important Kids Zone, and food vendors.
All culminating of course in the fireworks display after dark.
Parking is $10… You could save cash by taking the Park & Ride for $1 round trip; 35c for seniors, students, and kids under age 9. (Take exact change because bus passes aren’t accepted for Park & Ride.)
Westside pick-up is at St. Pius High School.
Eastside pick-up is at Coronado Center at the northwest corner from 3 pm - 8 pm to go to the event.Rio Rancho Holiday Parade and Fireworks
- Wednesday July 4http://ci.rio-rancho.nm.us/index.aspx?nid=1513
Bike Decorating Contest registration starts at 9 am – open to kids and adults with prizes for the kids contest only for best decorated and patriotic bikes!
Register free at Joe’s Pasta House parking lot, 3201 Southern Blvd, then join the parade (children must wear a helmet).
Holiday parade starts at 10 am, heading east from Country Club Drive down Southern Boulevard and ending on Pinetree Road near the Esther Bone Memorial Library and the Rio Rancho Veterans Monument Park.
A ceremony follows at the Veterans Monument Park, starting at around 11 am.
Free fireworks at the Rio Rancho High School football stadium start at around 9 pm – but the stadium opens at 6 pm and pre-firework entertainment includes music and a free movie.
See all the details on the Rio Rancho Fourth of July events.Madrid Fourth of July Parade http://www.visitmadridnm.com/events
starts at noon on July 4, and if you want to watch a baseball game first, get to the Oscar Huber Memorial Ballpark for 10 am.Corrales Fourth of July Parade and Fun Day
starts with the parade at 10 am (from Target Road) and ends at La Entrada Park for the fun day till 1:30 pm.Other New Mexico Independence Day Weekend Events:
- Cloudcroft Parade at 2 pm with prizes for ‘walking’ ‘wheels’ and ‘animals’, open to all participants.
- Eagle Nest Parade at 2 pm and Fireworks
- Farmington Freedom Days Electric Light Parade at 9 pm, and day events including Party in the Park entertainment, arts show, pizza-eating contest, and skateboarding competition
- Las Cruces Electric Light Parade on July 3 at 9 pm, with a Street Fest and fireworks on July 4
- Red River 4th of July Parade at 10 am, followed by games and entertainment
- Silver City Parade at 10 am, followed by an Ice Cream Social, free games for kids, a cakewalk, and live music concerts.
- Socorro Free Fourth of July entertainment including Dr. Buck’s Wild West Show, Squash Blossom Boys, and Al
- Hurricane & Al Hurricane Jr.concerts, and fireworks
- Taos Parade in Arroyo Seco at around noon but arrive earlier, Fireworks in Taos
- Taos Ski Valley Parade at 2 pm, Rubber Duck Race at 3 pm.