Albuquerque Homeschool Forum / Homeschool advertisements / New Herbalism Classes for Fall 2012
Posted by: DaraS, August 28, 2012, 3:08pm
www.albuquerqueherbalism.com Classes in the Western Herbalism Tradition
2012 Fall Semester Classes:
• Herbalism 1: Wednesdays Oct. 10, 17, 24, Nov. 7, 14, 6pm to 8pm Make your own tinctures, salves, & teas. Learn to use herbs for respiratory infections, digestive illness, ear infections, sore throats, auto-immunity, first aid, and skin treatments. Class cost is $125 (including all supplies) for the 5- week series and is limited to 8.
• Advanced Herbalists’ Group: 1 Monday per month Oct-April, 6:30pm to 8:30pm Meet monthly with other herbalists for hands-on herbal remedy preparation, discussion, and independent research. This class is for students with prior herbal knowledge looking to gain more experience. Class costs $150 (including all supplies) and is limited to 6.
• Build an Herbal First Aid Kit: Sat. Nov. 3, 10am to 12noon Get to know herbs for first aid treatment of common injuries and mishaps. Learn about the best plant medicine preparations to pack for travel and hikes. Herbal first aid kit remedies will be available for purchase. Class costs $20 and is limited to 10.
• Kitchen Cosmetics 2: Fri. Nov. 30, 6pm to 8pm Learn how to make luscious salt and sugar scrubs and fizzy bath bombs and take home samples of what you make in class. Class costs $25 (including all supplies) and is limited to 10.
• Herbal Baby Products: Mon. Dec. 3, 6pm to 8:30pm Make your own diaper salve, baby powder, and bath herbs all with ingredients safe for newborn skin. Take home what we make in class. Class cost is $45 (including all supplies) and is limited to 8.
for more information or to register, please visit www.albuquerqueherbalism.com