Quoted TextPOCOLOCO Spanish, with doña María at the helm, specializes in teaching español to kids and teens in Albuquerque.
Fun-filled, action-packed and educational classes are taught in a warm, interactive and supportive classroom environment.
Doña María teaches her passion - el español - through jam-packed lesson-plans that include music, songs, games, story-telling, role-play, and arts & crafts follow-up activities.
On-site preschool classes are now available as well as classes for homeschooled preschoolers.
In addition to Spanish classes customized for kids of all ages, doña María is now also offering more advanced high school Spanish classes targeting home schooled teens seeking to fulfill their foreign language requirement. As per popular demand, Spanish For Home School -groups (or individual tutorials) are currently forming for the upcoming scholastic year (2010); please call 797-8980 for more info.
Quoted TextI charge $50 per hour for individual tutorials. They are jam-packed with information and customized to carefully meet each student's unique needs.
I'm currently in the process of marketing my clases de grupo.
I would like to offer various levels - age and skills-based.
I have a few locations that I'm interested in as far as classroom/meeting space
- I'm looking at a few churches who'd be willing to rent me space, the chamber downtown has a conference room I can use, and there are a couple of schools that I still want to research as far as space. I'd like to offer my classes in the day time - does that work for families, do you think?
In the evenings I teach customized classes for adults, often profession-specific such.
Bueno, I'm glad we connected.
Que le vaya muy bien, estimada Carissa.
Quoted TextFrom: Maria Nilsson-Whitaker (email@example.com)
Sent: Thu 8/26/10 10:02 AM
Hope all of you are having a good Thursday and that your sweet children are having a good start of the scholastic year.
I'm looking forward to seeing them soon en clase de espanol!
Here's a quick update on our upcoming Spanish For Kids class:
* Mrs. Miller, principal of Hubert Humphrey, is unfortunately not going to be able to rent me classroom space on-site at HHH this semester.
Therefore, the Spanish class will be held at First Presbyterian Church (Eubank/Paseo) in a suitable, small classroom.
I'm hoping this will work out for all of you - I realize that a HHH classroom would have been more convenient for all parties involved.
Until such a classroom opens up, I'll have to rent a classroom elsewhere and this one is near school and appropriate for our activities.
* The weekly class will be held Wednesdays, 1:30-3:00 pm
* I'm planning to start classes mid-September, still, but this depends a bit on the registration process.
I will need at least 8 students enrolled in order to start the class.
* Please let me know if you are kind enough to refer another student.
I always reward such favors with a discount on next month's tuition.
* At this time, please call (797-8980) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve a space in class for your child/children.
Please include your child's name, your name, and the best way I can mail you a registration form.
September's pro-rated tuition will be due prior to first class.
Please know how I look forward to teaching your children Spanish For Kids
- always feel free to pop in or stay during class - you can join our singing and fun and you'll be impressed with your little student's progress in Spanish.
Maria Nilsson-Whitaker; Owner/Instructor, POCOLOCO Spanish Programs
After-School NE Heights Spanish for Kids
Quoted TextI'm attaching the info flyer on the class. (see above)
You will be receiving a registration form shortly.
I'm limiting the class to 1st-5th-graders - I'm working on forming another class for pre-K thr Kindergarten students.
I teach those classes a little differently - the sessions are shorter and the curriculum is better suited for the youngest age groups.
Thanks for all the help,